Assistant Accounts Manager
Location: IT Park, Chandigarh | Salary: Negotiable
Working Days and timings: Mon to Fri (5 days) and 10 AM to 7 PM
Small entrepreneurial family-owned international holding company is seeking an Assistant Accounts Manager to help manage the finances and operations of its business units.
The Assistant Accounts Manager will play a vital role in improving and maintaining the financial standing of our companies. The ideal candidate will help determine financial strategy and policy, arranging the appropriate funding and managing financial risks in the organization.
The Accounts Manager will ensure our companies have the cash and liquidity to meet its obligations, will be involved in securing credit from banks and other sources, tax, HR and compliance matters. The Accounts Manager will be an official point of contact for all financial matters and one of the authorized signatories on all financial documents.
The Accounts Manager is responsible for:
- Managing daily cash balances;
- Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively;
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow;
- Maintain banking relationships and negotiating loans and merchant services for business units;
- Maintaining our accounts system;
- Preparing and presenting financial reports for meetings and investors;
- Working with executives and business heads to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance by business unit and on consolidated basis;
- Should have experience in GST;
- Responsible for day to day Accounts writing, Daily Cash Flow, Bank Transactions, Bank Reconciliation, TDS deduction / payment and filing of Returns, Statutory compliance like, ESI, PF, Professional Tax, VAT, Service Tax etc, Accounts finalization, Preparation of Balance Sheet, P&L account, Income-Tax Return and Computation of Income, co-coordinating with Auditors, assisting in income-tax scrutiny and appeal matters, maintaining proper records;
- Creating solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial/treasury knowledge;
- Providing advice on financial matters impacting on the company as a whole;
- Taking responsibility for, and supervising the work of, more junior members of staff;
- Preparing financial reports and submissions to relevant government entities;
- Arranging financial audits and reviews as required;
- Banking money and cheques received and issuing receipts as requested or needed;
- Processing credit card payments received and transferring money from Paypal accounts;
- Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required;
- Payment of invoices and fees as required or otherwise instructed;
- Manage payroll and MPF matters for Company, business units and subsidiaries;
- Complete tax filings and dealing with matters relating to the IRD;
- Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities;
- Looking out of corely experience into Indian Accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting plus 5+ years of progressively responsible finance or treasury experience;
- Candidates with SME and/or startup experience preferred;
- Computer literacy including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with standard accounting software packages;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Detail oriented and organized; Strong planning and prioritization abilities;
- Must maintain confidentiality and discretion in all aspects and be comfortable with flexible working schedule to meet the needs of the Company and its executives.